- Consumer events to drive Ford’s fuel-efficient EcoBoost line-up, including the all-new Fiesta ST, Escape and Fusion against the competitors in closed track experiences
- By the end of 2013, more than 90 percent of Ford’s North American lineup will be available with an EcoBoost engine
BY GERRY MILES
It’s not often one can make reference to former presidential hopeful Ross Perot – whom Don Imus loved to call a ‘jugg-eared little Martian (that might be a slight to Martians, Imus not withstanding if he offends in his satirical bits) – but Ford is giving potential customers what Perot used to call the “touch it, kick it, see it” test about all things EcoBoost.
So confident is Ford that anyone who pre-registers on its website www.fordecoboostchallengedrive.com
a chance to drive its own EcoBoost vehicles against the competition in a side by side comparison event at 13 cities around the country.
“Ford is delivering on its promise to give fuel-efficiency-minded customers the power of choice, by offering a lineup that includes five electrified vehicles, two plug-in hybrids and eight vehicles available with EcoBoost Technology,” said David Mondragon, general marketing manager for Ford and Lincoln. “Throughout this tour, we will let consumers experience the technology that helps deliver better fuel economy and engaging driving than the competition.”
Ford noted that in North America, EcoBoost sales make Ford the leader in gasoline turbo direct-injected engines in its core high-volume passenger vehicles, such as Fusion, F-150 and Escape.
The EcoBoost Challenge takes place on Saturdays in June, July, August and September in each market. Events will include an ST Performance Academy, a hyper-mile challenge for Ford hybrid vehicles and head-to-head competitive drives on an EcoBoost challenge course.
Space is limited and available on first-come, first-served basis.
Events will open at 9 a.m. and run all day through 6 p.m. in most markets.
Ecoboost challenge locations and dates are:
- Boston, Gillette Stadium, June 22
- Washington, D.C., FedEx Field, June 29
- Chicago, Arlington Park, June 29
- San Francisco, Golden Gate Fields, July 13
- Los Angeles, Rose Bowl, July 20
- New York City, Citi Field, August 17
- Charlotte, Charlotte Motor Speedway, August 24
- Atlanta, Turner Field, September 7
- Dallas, Cowboys Stadium, September 7
- Orlando, Orange County Convention Center, September 14
- Houston, Sam Houston Race Park, September 14
- Miami, Gulfstream Park, September 21
- Minneapolis/St. Paul, Canterbury Park, September 21