The SpongeBob 2014 Toyota Highlander will feature a custom SpongeBob-themed exterior and an interior design that captures all of the beloved character’s high-octane energy, thereby turning the inside almost tennis ball yellow.
“We are pumped and honored to partner with Nickelodeon, and especially SpongeBob, to help launch the all-new 2014 Highlander. Like the Highlander, SpongeBob is family friendly and just plain fun – what more could you want in a family vehicle and cartoon?” said Jack Hollis, VP of marketing, Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.
As part of the “Happy Driving!” campaign, the SpongeBob Toyota Highlander will visit seven locations:
- Artscape Festival, Baltimore, Md.(July 19-21)
- Nickelodeon Suites Resort, Orlando, Fla. (Aug. 2-4]
- Nickelodeon Universe at Mall of America, Minneapolis, Minn. (Aug. 9-11)
- Gourmet on Gore Festival (Aug. 30-Sept. 2)
- SpongeBob Shellabration, Hollywood, Calif. (Sept. 7-8)
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at Chicagoland Speedway, Chicago, Ill. (Sept. 15)
- Eat Real Festival, Oakland, Calif. (Sept. 27-29)
- LA Auto Show, Los Angeles Calif. (Nov. 30-Dec. 9)
The SpongeBob Toyota Highlander summer-long promotion will also be supported online with a dedicated website and promoted through digital display advertising and social media. Fans can log onto www.nick.com/highlander to create their own design for the SpongeBob Toyota Highlander; download kits for family road trips that include SpongeBob branded printable games and coloring pages; watch special behind-the-scenes footage of the making of the SpongeBob Highlander; play SpongeBob online games; and enter the “SpongeBob Highlander” sweepstakes for a chance to win a Toyota Highlander.
Fans can go to the Nickelodeon, SpongeBob and Patrick Facebook pages to see photos of the SpongeBob Highlander’s road trip and the intricate design details of the vehicle.
To learn more about the all-new Highlander, visit Toyota.com/Highlander. But bring your sunglasses if you see the SpongeBob mobile, you may be blinded and/or think you’re jaundiced.